Monday, March 12, 2012

Matthew's Get Well card



Hello! I made this card for my son who had to have emergency surgery yesterday. He had his appendix removed, everything went well and he's home and doing good (i'm so thankful). He's 21 but all you mothers know how it is. He will always be my baby. It's was a long weekend without alot of sleep for me. Today things seems to be a little more normal. I made him a get well card and used PTI's make it monday challenge: colored kissing. I also used the deconstucted sketch  from Jen Shults. Here it is
I used PTI cardstock and patterned paper from my mind's eye and amuse. I used the Healing Touch Sentiments stamp set and broke up the setiment "get well soon" so I could make it fit in my star. I used a piece of scotch tape for this.  For my colored kissing technique, I used star prints and a border from love songs. It was a really fun technique, but not as easy as Heather made it look. when I tried to stamp the border on the star stamp, it kept sliding and I would have to start all over..lol! The stars are diecut with a quickutz set of dies that I got from the chantily Va scrapbooking expo. The star border is from joy carfts. I wrapped two pieces of twine, one above and one below the border. You can't really use pretty ribbon on a man's card. Although I would love to use ribbon on every card. I hope to find time to try this technique again this week. Thanks for visiting!

9 comments:

  1. Great card! Your son will love it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Missy! You really did a great job with the Make it Monday Challenge, and incorporating it into your other challenge. I had to do the same with mine (make it fit more than one challenge), but it was a fun new technique to learn. I just adore PTI. You really did a cute job with yours. I hope you will stop by to take a peek at mine, and if you want - I'd LOVE to have you become a follower of my blog. I'd also like permission to follow your blog (I always like to ask first). Hope you're having a great week, and hope to see you soon.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Missy, I am so sorry you had such a scare, 21 or not they will always be our babies. So glad it all went well. I think you son will love the card you made for him. Great idea to use the star. Hope your sons recovery goes well , he must have been in so much pain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missy, great card love the mix of patterns you used, the kissing technique looks awesome! Good luck on the challenge. I also have a Matthew who just turned 21 in January. I am glad your Matthew is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card for your son! Yes, I agree whether 21 or 1, we worry about our children. My son is 24. Hope your son makes a speedy recovery! I looked through your blog and noted lovely creations. I'm now a follower! Take care and have a wonderful weekend!!:-))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. Well done - the mixing with patterned paper, the colors, the twine detail - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great coloured kissing. I love stars too! Wishing your son a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card for your son! (Glad to hear he is doing well) Looks like you got a jump on the newly released Super-Star stamp set and dies...they can't be any better than what you made here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Card! Love your choice of papers and your stars!!!

    ReplyDelete